Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ingredients bought

Got the ingredients I need. Beets - $5.98; dried cranberries - $2.99; Arugula - $3.49; avocado - $1.49; and shallots - $0.56. Grand total = $14.51 for a salad that is supposed to serve 6 people. That's $2.42 per person. Let's not forget that I have at least half of the other ingredients in my pantry and that cost is not factored.

Whatever you do, do NOT leave the beets in a vehicle with the windows rolled up for ANY period of time. I did that today and when I got back to my SUV, it smelled like a garbage dump! I'm contemplating leaving a window slightly open tonight to get the stench out!

I'm very excited to make this recipe mainly because I haven't cooked with beets before and I've had similar salads at restaurants and they are scrumptious. I also think the great thing about this recipe is that I didn't have to buy anything in bulk quantities and have the rest spoil if I don't use the whole amount. I hate that. Especially if it's a recipe that calls for something really unique that costs alot of money and you only end up using a portion of it. That's not fair.

Well, I shall take photos of the finished product and post as well. Hopefully, everything will be great and I can make a glowing commendation of this salad.

Toodles!

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment