Sunday, January 17, 2010

Breakfast Casserole - Results

Good morning! I have to admit, the kitchen did smell quite yummy with Paula Deen's "Breakfast Casserole" baking in the oven. I could smell the cheese melting and cooking. It took an hour at 350 degrees. Perfect for those mornings when you're not quite sure when everyone will be up. So it turned out that as everyone got up, breakfast was going to be ready in only 15 minutes.

The results: Mom-in-law and Dad-in-law really enjoyed it and asked for the recipe. My boyfriend really liked it too.

It was indeed juicy - bread soaked with milk and eggs, puffed up with saugage hidden in and cheese beautifully melted on top. I will admit that it was good. Personally, there was something lacking. Perhaps the sausage could have been spicy rather than mild. Yes, I think that's it. But for those with a less spicy palate, I suppose it was delicious.

All in all, it's a great recipe for company, especially preparing it the night before. And the whole prep took less than 30 minutes.

I forgot to take a picture of it. Too preoccupied with company perhaps. My apologies everyone. But, trust me, it looked fab. I will honor this recipe with a 4 out of 5 stars.

Check in again to see what recipe I'll be challenging in my ever busy kitchen!

Cheers!

Colleen

1 comment:

  1. cutesy cupcakes are available in a variety of sizes and shapes. You can find them in round, square, or even heart-shaped candles. They also come in different colors, such as white, yellow, or even pink.

    ReplyDelete